Pages

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider
Click on Logo (Original artwork by Lanie Frick for Messick Quarter Horses. Not permitted to be copied)

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy July 4th 2010!

July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July! I am thankful that I live in a country of freedoms.

The day started out laying in bed, listening to the rain. It is raining outside. We are wet, very wet. Over 3” of rain is causing my bottom horse lot to be ½ covered with water.

But it’s not a bad way to start a holiday. Hubby cooked breakfast. After chores, and a breakfast of egg and cheese omelet, sausage patties and toast, we could relax. It was too wet to do anything outside.

I was obviously on the computer. Hubby read the Sunday paper and watched tv. I have gotten back to taking a lot of pictures. Sunday Stills is a photography blog that has inspired me. We have a challenge a week, and we post photos based on the specific challenge for that week. I try to see what everyone else posts for photos. 2 reasons: to see what they post and to comment on their posts, and to learn.

I want to learn to take better photos. Maybe I’ll take a photography class this winter. I know I want a better camera. I would love to zoom in and take better macro shots.

It is nice to be able to sleep in and relax for a day. I feel revived a little. I know Hubby has caught up on his sleep a little. Tomorrow is still a vacation day. I plan on having Hubby catch up on more sleep. But tv is staying off until we get a few things done inside.

Holidays are for Remembrance. And to be thankful. But they are also for family and for relaxing.

I hope you enjoy the fireworks, picnics, family, and relaxing this weekend.

No comments:

"TRAINING THE MIND OF THE HORSE AND RIDER"

Messick Quarter Horses

Check out my website at: http://www.messickquarterhorses.com/

Lessons, Training and Horse Sales
E-mail me at messickquarterhorses@yahoo.com

Messick Tack & Feed

Messick Tack & Feed
website will be up soon! Click on logo to see current specials!