Pages

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider
Click on Logo (Original artwork by Lanie Frick for Messick Quarter Horses. Not permitted to be copied)

Thursday, July 29, 2010

100 Things About Me

(inspired by Linda, Just Another Day on the Prairie)

Linda has inspired me to do 100 things about myself.

1. I love my hubby.
2. I love my family.
3. I love horses, and
4. I love riding.
5. I love owning mares,
6. And I love horse babies,
7. And I love all babies, especially my grandbabies.
8. My hubby is my best friend (most of the time, anyways).
9. I know a lot of people,
10. but I don’t have many close friends.
11. Currently, I own 9 horses,
12. a Springer Spaniel female,
13. and an Aussie, Australian Shepherd, female,
14. And lots of barn cats.
15. I am 52,
16. and have been married 29 years.
17. I have 3 children, ages 23 to 28.
18. I have a girl and 2 boys.
19. I have a daughter-in-law and a son-in-law.
20. I can handle organized chaos.
21. I tear out pages of things I like from magazines (then file them in categories).
22. I enjoy photography,
23. And taking pictures of the horses, my grandbabies, the scenery, and the country.
24. I love reading books,
25. And I want to find the time to read my horse magazines.
26. I read Home Decorating magazines, and watch Home Decorating shows,
27. And I enjoy renovating my home.
28. I give horseback riding lessons,
29. I train horses and I enjoy making horses ride better.
30. And I try to teach what I know about horses to whoever wants to learn.
31. I had a tack store for 5 ½ years, that I closed this year,
32. so now I’m selling my inventory (eBay, here I come).
33. I have taken a Centered Riding clinic last year,
34. And then became a CR Level 1 instructor.
35. I will work towards becoming a CR Level 2 instructor next year.
36. I get so much more out of the CR books now.
37. Centered Riding has affected my life in more ways than in just with horses and riding.
38. I enjoy working with people who really want to learn how to ride.
39. Someday, I want to travel and give clinics.
40. I enjoy trail riding,
41. And I have bought my first gaited horse, a Tennessee Walking Horse.
42. My other horses are Quarter Horses, mares and geldings,
43. And I have 1 stud.
44. I bred to have 2 foals next year.
45. I have done 3 years of CTR (Competitive Trail Riding)
46. I want to trail ride in a new place every year.
47. This year, I am going to Custer, SD.
48. I want to do more CTR’s next year.
49. I want to start to do some trail challenges.
50. At 50, I started menopause.
51. I get “hot” at night, then cold.
52. I wake up 3-6 times a night.
53. I am looking forward to this stage of my life to be over,
54. Because I’m really tired of these dark circles!
55. I am also tired of mosquitoes, flies, deer flies, and those big black flies,
56. And I don’t like ticks! I despise them. But I believe that there is a cure for an incurable disease from ticks.
57. I love flowers,
58. And I want to plant more flowers next year.
59. I want to have a garden next year (It’s been a long time since I have had a vegetable garden).
60. I grew up in PA,
61. And have lived in New Jersey, Michigan, and
62. I have been in Nebraska for 24 years.
63. I was in PA for 24 years.
64. I will always be a Penn State Fan.
65. I played softball during the summers when I was a kid,
66. I played basketball
67. and ran track in High School, both on our school’s first girl’s teams.
68. I graduated from PSU in 1980 in Animal Production.
69. I have an Associate Degree in Veterinary Technician from MI.
70. I have a BS Degree In Ag Business from UNL.
71. I am a Certified Equine Massage Therapist.
72. I have the AAHS certification (American Association for Horsemanship Safety).
73. I work for myself so I can set my own hours.
74. Have I said how much I love to ride horses?
75. I love to shop for antiques, when I have time.
76. I cook only because we have to eat.
77. But I love to cook around the holidays.
78. I always make a large turkey for Thanksgiving,
79. a Cook’s ham for Christmas,
80. And pork and sauerkraut on New Year’s Day.
81. I have done some needlepoint, and would like to get back to it some day.
82. I love the color blue, especially the blue of a bright blue sky on a sunny day!
83. My Grandma’s name was Ruth, and that is my, my daughter’s, and my granddaughter’s middle name.
84. I love blogging, and telling my “story”.
85. I love mowing grass, from a riding lawnmower.
86. I love the smell of fresh hay.
87. I love my coffee in the morning.
88. I love a good steak.
89. I don’t love looking over the edge of very high buildings, cliffs, bridges, whatever.
90. I don’t like people who talk behind your back.
91. And I don’t like people who say they are your friend now, only because you are helping them with something, then they aren’t your friend in a few years??? Who needs them, anyways?
92. I love the crisp, cool days of fall.
93. I love a good, smooth Merlot,
94. Otherwise I drink boxed Zinfadel mixed with Crystal Light peach tea for a cheap winecooler.
95. I love walking the beach on a sunny day.
96. I really love being a grandmother.
97. I love God.
98. I believe things happen for a reason, and sometimes we just need to wait to see that reason or "hear" the why.
99. I love living in the country.
100. I love my life.

Now, I challenge you to do 100 things about yourself. Let me know when you do!

“Embrace the Journey!”

2 comments:

JJ said...

I love doing these things ~ and reading them too!!

Horses Are Our Lives said...

thanks JJ. Let me know when you do yours!

"TRAINING THE MIND OF THE HORSE AND RIDER"

Messick Quarter Horses

Check out my website at: http://www.messickquarterhorses.com/

Lessons, Training and Horse Sales
E-mail me at messickquarterhorses@yahoo.com

Messick Tack & Feed

Messick Tack & Feed
website will be up soon! Click on logo to see current specials!