Pages

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider
Click on Logo (Original artwork by Lanie Frick for Messick Quarter Horses. Not permitted to be copied)

Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Great Horsetrailriders Distance Derby

The Great Horsetrailriders Distance Derby

Friday's temps at 30 wasn't as cold as Thursday's 20 degrees!  I rode both days.  I had 5 layers on Thursday and was almost too warm.  Friday, I didn't layer as heavily, with only a sweatshirt, hoodie and winter coat on, and I was warm.  Even Shaggy was sweaty.

I'm riding more due to The Great Horsetrailriders Distance Derby.  Tammy of Horsetrailriders, with a friend Christine, has started this fun competition.  We are to GPS our rides and record our distances.  There is no big prize, just the satisfaction of riding your horse as ofter as you can and recording the miles you ride your horse.

I rode Thursday when it was 20 degrees, mostly due to my Hubby.  He called me a weenie, and to put on those winter clothes I have, and saddle up. So I did. I was almost 2 warm, as I had many layers on.  Fleece line jeans, winter boots, 2 sock, 2 gloves, 3 sweatshirts, 2 jackets, orange fleece head band and a beanie.  My helmet wouldn't fit.  This was the first time in almost 5 years that I didn't wear my helmet when I rode.  I had a lot of fleece layers on, but next time, I'll make sure my helmet will go on too.

Friday was warmer.  I didn't wear as many layers and I was still overdressed.  Tha's good, as I don't like being cold.

No comments:

"TRAINING THE MIND OF THE HORSE AND RIDER"

Messick Quarter Horses

Check out my website at: http://www.messickquarterhorses.com/

Lessons, Training and Horse Sales
E-mail me at messickquarterhorses@yahoo.com

Messick Tack & Feed

Messick Tack & Feed
website will be up soon! Click on logo to see current specials!