Pages

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider
Click on Logo (Original artwork by Lanie Frick for Messick Quarter Horses. Not permitted to be copied)

Monday, January 16, 2012

1 Kilocalories is 1000 calorie

Sunday, Jan 15, 2012

converter

1 Kilocalories is 1000 calorie


Yesterday, I started back up on the illeptical machine.  I pedaled for 10 minues, burning .1000 kilocalorie.  At first I thought 1000, then saw the period before it.  I had to google to see how that converted to calories.  I burned 100 calories.

ok, so what does that mean?  How many calories do you need to burn to lose a pound?   I googled that same question, and here is what I found:

From caloriesperhour.com:

What It Takes to Lose a Pound

Diet and Weight Loss Tutorial

Unit of WeightApproximate CaloriesApproximate Kilojoules
Pound3,50014,644
Kilogram7,71632,284

A pound of body fat equates to approximately 3500 calories. So if you have a calorie deficit of 500 calories (meaning that you burn 500 calories more than you eat each day) you would lose approximately one pound per week:
500 x 7 = 3,500

It's easy to see that a calorie deficit of 1000 calories would mean that you'd lose approximately two pounds per week. And that's a good number to remember, because two pounds a week is commonly accepted as the maximum rate of weight loss that is healthy. Losing weight too quickly has other disadvantages. (from Caloriesperhour.com)

That 10 minutes on the exercise equipment burned 100 calories. I need to up that workout to 500 calories, so 45-50 minutes per day, for 7 days.  That is what it takes to lose just 1 pound!

I'm also adding a few weight machines to build up arm and leg muscle.  That should also burn some calories!

No comments:

"TRAINING THE MIND OF THE HORSE AND RIDER"

Messick Quarter Horses

Check out my website at: http://www.messickquarterhorses.com/

Lessons, Training and Horse Sales
E-mail me at messickquarterhorses@yahoo.com

Messick Tack & Feed

Messick Tack & Feed
website will be up soon! Click on logo to see current specials!