Pages

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider
Click on Logo (Original artwork by Lanie Frick for Messick Quarter Horses. Not permitted to be copied)

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Burning More Calories

January 17-19, 2012


ProForm 590E Elliptical -  SportsAuthority.com


Burning More Calories

Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2012

3 ¼ miles walking

15 min elliptical, 120 calories

4 weight machines with 1 or 2 reps each



Wed, Jan 18, 2012

1 ½ miles walking

15 min elliptical, 130 calories

4 weight machines with 2 or 3 reps each, adding extra weight to each machine today



Thur, Jan 19, 2012

3.35 miles in 1 hr, 20 min

15 min elliptical, 135 calories



Each day, endurance is building. I can go faster on the elliptical, burning more calories.  Strength is building. I can add more weights and do more reps.

I’m starting to see the definition in the arm and calf muscles.

I hope this stamina continues when I get back to riding when the weather warms up!

No comments:

"TRAINING THE MIND OF THE HORSE AND RIDER"

Messick Quarter Horses

Check out my website at: http://www.messickquarterhorses.com/

Lessons, Training and Horse Sales
E-mail me at messickquarterhorses@yahoo.com

Messick Tack & Feed

Messick Tack & Feed
website will be up soon! Click on logo to see current specials!