Pages

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider
Click on Logo (Original artwork by Lanie Frick for Messick Quarter Horses. Not permitted to be copied)

Friday, February 11, 2011

Traveling the Turnpike

We traveled home to Pennsylvania, driving our truck this time, so that we can pick up a tractor in Ohio on our return trip back to Nebraska. We're south in the state, coming up from the corner of West Virginia, into Pittsburgh. We picked up the PA turnpike on the east side of Pittsburgh.

We travel around, and through, the edge of the Appalachian Mountains.

I say through, because we go through 4 sets of these tunnels. Hubby said that there used to be 8 of them!

I love the PA hills. The camera doesn't do them justice!

First tunnels,


of the Alleghey Mountain range,


2nd tunnel, the Tuscardor,



The inside of the tunnel, with lots of lights. I don't like being underground. I asked hubby how long these tunnels will last before they collapse. That gives me goosebumps!



3rd tunnel, the Kittatinny,


4th tunnel, Blue Mountain,



Back to the view of the hills.
We won't be traveling back through the tunnels to return to Nebraska. We'll be heading north, through State College, to visit our college professors and to buy some Penn State t-shirts, before traveling on to DuBois to visit my parents. We'll be further north in the state then, and we'll come back to Nebraska by way of I-80 most of the way. We'll have to go south near Columbus to pick up the tractor, and we'll stay south of I-80 until Iowa.

No comments:

"TRAINING THE MIND OF THE HORSE AND RIDER"

Messick Quarter Horses

Check out my website at: http://www.messickquarterhorses.com/

Lessons, Training and Horse Sales
E-mail me at messickquarterhorses@yahoo.com

Messick Tack & Feed

Messick Tack & Feed
website will be up soon! Click on logo to see current specials!