Pages

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider
Click on Logo (Original artwork by Lanie Frick for Messick Quarter Horses. Not permitted to be copied)

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Finny's Farewell Book


My daughter, Sara, Made me a Farewell Book of Finny. I just love this first pic, as it shows his soft eye, during a fun ride time we had one day in the field, on a warm fall day. I'll always remember that day, taking pictures as I rode. She wanted this book to be a surprise, but she needed me to send her some info. Finny's CTR judge's cards, maps of the places that I rode, the sympathy cards and thoughtful notes from friends, and from others who only knew me by the big black horse I rode. This book will always have a special place on a shelf, as Finny will always have a special place in my heart.

Thank you, Sara and Tom, and others, who are helping me to get over Finny's death. The sadness is being replaced with fond memories.

Finny's Farewell Book...




















3 comments:

txtrigger said...

Ah, what a beautiful book! When you look through it, be happy for those memories you and Finny shared

Shoofly said...

What a nice keepsake! Sara was very thoughtful to do that for you. I can only imagine the heartache when your good horse goes on ahead; but it is a fact of life we will all have to face eventually. Finding that comfortable place in your heart for the good memories to live on and turn golden with age is the key. You can show us all the way, Brenda.

Horses Are Our Lives said...

Jonni, thanks. I've put the book away, but every now and then, I'll make myself get it out to look at it, and remember the good times.

thanks, Sheila, your words mean so much to me. yes, losing horses will be a fact of life. I hope I have a long time before that heartache again. I'm not sure how good I can show the way, because I'm still looking for it.

"TRAINING THE MIND OF THE HORSE AND RIDER"

Messick Quarter Horses

Check out my website at: http://www.messickquarterhorses.com/

Lessons, Training and Horse Sales
E-mail me at messickquarterhorses@yahoo.com

Messick Tack & Feed

Messick Tack & Feed
website will be up soon! Click on logo to see current specials!