Pages

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider
Click on Logo (Original artwork by Lanie Frick for Messick Quarter Horses. Not permitted to be copied)

Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day

By Sunday afternoon, we had at least 4" of snow. I think it seemed like more than what the weather stations were saying.
The horses weren't too covered with snow though.
The cars were barely covered, and we had a light layer in the driveway.
The pines up front don't have too much snow in them... yet.

The pine tree to the side of the house was layered in snow.
I just love how pine trees look with layers of snow.

Then we woke to another 4" of snow this morning.
There has to be a total of 6-8" of snow on this railing.
I wished I had taken a pictures of the car and truck. They had a thick layer of snow on them, but before I thought about taking a pic of them, hubby had backed them out of the driveway and broomed all the snow off of them.


The horses are huddled around the round bale.

2 comments:

Rising Rainbow said...

That's a lot of snow. As much as I think pics of snow scenes are lovely, I am so tired of this stuff.

Horses Are Our Lives said...

This is our first main snowstorm. I just hope the wind doesn't blow tonight. The snow is light and fluffy, and we'll have major drifts if there is any amount of wind!

"TRAINING THE MIND OF THE HORSE AND RIDER"

Messick Quarter Horses

Check out my website at: http://www.messickquarterhorses.com/

Lessons, Training and Horse Sales
E-mail me at messickquarterhorses@yahoo.com

Messick Tack & Feed

Messick Tack & Feed
website will be up soon! Click on logo to see current specials!