Pages

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider
Click on Logo (Original artwork by Lanie Frick for Messick Quarter Horses. Not permitted to be copied)

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Meal





This year, I have had 2 Thanksgivings.


2 weeks ago, my daughter Sara, son-in-law Jake, and granddaughter Makenzie came home while my parents were in town. We had 11 people around the table for our first Thanksgiving as grandparents!



Yesterday, my parents celebrated Thanksgiving with us again. Sara and her family and Jacob and his family were at their in-laws and Micah went to his girlfriend’s home. With only 4 people, we still had a Thanksgiving feast! We had a few substitutions though.

9.17 pound turkey instead of a 22 # monster turkey. Tom said it looked like I was cooking a chicken.


Sweet potatoes instead of mashed potatoes, even though I did cook a potato in the microwave for Tom. I tried the Pioneer Womans Sweet Potato recipe with canned sweet potatoes. I think I needed more potatoes! They were very sweet!


1 loaf of bread cut up for stuffing instead of 2 loaves.


½ recipe for the green bean casserole.


But lots of turkey gravy.


Warm rolls right out of the oven. Yummy.


No homemade egg noodles this meal (we had them at the first meal with the kids. Everyone loves my mom’s homemade noodles!)

Instead of jellied cranberry sauce, I made a delicious cranberry salad.
I large package of Strawberry jello dissolved with ½ the amount of water. I mixed 1 can of whole cranberry sauce, 1 can of crushed pineapple, 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, and 3 chopped apples. Delicious!

Fried Apples!


Pumpkin Pie for dessert.


Jacob, Amber and Caden came later in the day for dessert. Amber brought an apple pie too. Everyone was stuffed except Caden.
He enjoyed leftovers!

Playing on the floor with the 2 darling grandbabies is a great feeling.
Watching them beginning to stand and learning to walk, with that look of bewilderment on their faces, is priceless.


Even though Makenzie was home in Colorado this past weekend, I’ll always remember my “first” Thanksgiving with both of them!

No comments:

"TRAINING THE MIND OF THE HORSE AND RIDER"

Messick Quarter Horses

Check out my website at: http://www.messickquarterhorses.com/

Lessons, Training and Horse Sales
E-mail me at messickquarterhorses@yahoo.com

Messick Tack & Feed

Messick Tack & Feed
website will be up soon! Click on logo to see current specials!