Pages

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider
Click on Logo (Original artwork by Lanie Frick for Messick Quarter Horses. Not permitted to be copied)

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

HT Photo Challenge "HAIR"

Mane and Forelocks

A group, from Tammy's chat group, Horsetales, has decided to take a picture each week and post them. Since we are all horsey, then we need to look for a horsey influence. We would have a word a week and snap a picture that suits the word. We started last week and the word was "hair".



I love Honey's 2 tone mane!

At first, I thought of forelocks. I had visited a friend yesterday and I wished I would have had my camera. Her youngest horse has the most beautiful mane! So as I thought of her, I noticed that my young yearling that I sold has a gorgeous mane. The summer sun has given her natural highlights. It looks so much silkier in person though!

I would have taken pictures of all manes, but not all of the horses have been worked, or groomed. Most of the manes are a mess! So I snapped pictures of all of the horses forelocks.

Some of the horses have forelocks,

Shaggy


Buster


and some don't!

Starlet


Goldie


Some forelocks are long,

Honey


and some are short.

Bob


Some forelocks are stringy,

Chick


and some are out of control!

Duster


I wonder if different types of forelocks go hand-in-hand with any personality types???

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

"TRAINING THE MIND OF THE HORSE AND RIDER"

Messick Quarter Horses

Check out my website at: http://www.messickquarterhorses.com/

Lessons, Training and Horse Sales
E-mail me at messickquarterhorses@yahoo.com

Messick Tack & Feed

Messick Tack & Feed
website will be up soon! Click on logo to see current specials!