Pages

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider
Click on Logo (Original artwork by Lanie Frick for Messick Quarter Horses. Not permitted to be copied)

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Dixie has a New Home Too

I bought Dixie 2 years ago when the lesson horses were going to have babies.  She was also my substitute trail horse, or should I say, my only trail horse that first summer after Finny was gone.


She is a quiet mare, and just wants to get along with everyone.


I liked her because she was a quiet mare.  I enjoyed her as a trail horse.  I think she knew I needed her quiet soul. 


I get along with Dixie, and I think she liked me too.


She got along with all the other horses, too.  She just wanted to hang out and be friends.


She is 18 this year, and now I am riding Shaggy, and have Duster to start.  I also need to start riding Starlet more.  So I made the decision that Dixie could go to a home and teach others to ride.  I'm so grateful that a friend bought her and now Dixie has 4 wonderful girls that wll  groom her and love her.

That makes my heart happy.

Thank you, Pam, and your granddaughters for giving Dixie such a loving family to be part of.

No comments:

"TRAINING THE MIND OF THE HORSE AND RIDER"

Messick Quarter Horses

Check out my website at: http://www.messickquarterhorses.com/

Lessons, Training and Horse Sales
E-mail me at messickquarterhorses@yahoo.com

Messick Tack & Feed

Messick Tack & Feed
website will be up soon! Click on logo to see current specials!