Pages

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider
Click on Logo (Original artwork by Lanie Frick for Messick Quarter Horses. Not permitted to be copied)

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

You Know You're a Horse Person When

Skipa and Starlet, 1996


I called someone's calves their cannon bones. LOL

What else have you said or done, besides the common clucking to get someone to move over, saying whoa to stop, or I say "quit" when I want someone to stop doing something.

What have you done, said or heard?

Come on over to my chat,
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/horsesareourlives/

and share, discuss, and laugh over our one liners!

I'm also reading and discussing some books this winter on the chat.  I'm a Center Riding Level 1 instructor, trying to move up to Level 2. We are reading and discussing Book 1, and after Christmas, I will start Book 2.

We are also reading Tug of War, Classical vs Modern Dressage.  I hope to go through Jane Savoies Dressage 101, which is a long book.

There are other books on my list, that I hope to get through this winter.

No comments:

"TRAINING THE MIND OF THE HORSE AND RIDER"

Messick Quarter Horses

Check out my website at: http://www.messickquarterhorses.com/

Lessons, Training and Horse Sales
E-mail me at messickquarterhorses@yahoo.com

Messick Tack & Feed

Messick Tack & Feed
website will be up soon! Click on logo to see current specials!