Pages

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider
Click on Logo (Original artwork by Lanie Frick for Messick Quarter Horses. Not permitted to be copied)

Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday!

New Beginnings...


Today has been a busy day, and my plans of spending all afternoon outside,
spending time with more than 1 horse, isn't going to happen.

I just got home from running to town, sending packages through the mail and UPS
to customers, going to the bank and for groceries, and getting a surprise ice
cream cake for Tom's birthday tomorrow. Shhhh, don't tell him.

I have just seem frazzled this week, with "needing" to get some paperwork done,
and some that still isn't done. I need to study for my CDL and that is just
going to wait until a little bit tomorrow or Monday. I did clean bathrooms.
The floor dusting mop is sitting out. That will help later.... or tomorrow.

I just feel like a need to sit a moment and think about Good Friday, and what
our Lord has done for me, for my family, for all of us. Sometimes, Good Friday
makes me sad for all that Jesus had to go through. Most of the time, I feel
glad for God's plan for us. As today passes, I look forward to the joy we feel
on Easter morning.

I don't have that desire to spend time with 3 or 4 horses, and trying to get the
miles in that I had planned. I need to pull Shaggy out and just go ride,
thinking about everything and thinking about nothing. Time to enjoy riding,
without being so busy all the time.

Now the plan has changed to looking at the time, getting and hour and 1/2 or so
ride in, chores, and being back inside by 6 or so. Time to grab a relaxing cup
of coffee.

And BREATHE! Let those Centered Riding concepts come into your daily life.
Center yourself and draw peace from that.

Happy... Good Friday! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

"TRAINING THE MIND OF THE HORSE AND RIDER"

Messick Quarter Horses

Check out my website at: http://www.messickquarterhorses.com/

Lessons, Training and Horse Sales
E-mail me at messickquarterhorses@yahoo.com

Messick Tack & Feed

Messick Tack & Feed
website will be up soon! Click on logo to see current specials!