Pages

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider
Click on Logo (Original artwork by Lanie Frick for Messick Quarter Horses. Not permitted to be copied)

Sunday, March 21, 2010

My 29th Anniversary

Today is my 29th Anniversary. It just seemed like yesterday that I was married to Tom. Then there was the birth of 3 children, Sara, Jacob and Micah. Each of them went from preschool through high school, and finally college. 2 of the children are married, and each of them have a 15 month old baby. I am a grandmother to Makenzie and Caden, and loving it!



For the first time in a long time, both Tom and I slept in! It was lovely! I woke up early, but drifted in and out of sleep, as I’m sure that Tom did too. We finally got up a little before 9! We had an egg and bacon sandwich on toast.

Tom did chores, as he had to see if he could get our tractor started to do round bales to the horses. He changed the ignition, but that wasn’t the problem. So it looks like I’ll be feeding horses baled hay for the next week.



Tom and I went to the Home and Garden show at the Lancaster Event Center. We are thinking of building, or having someone else build, a sunroom and a screened porch. As we walked around, we also looked at hot tubs. I would just love sitting in a hot tub in the middle of winter!!!

Jacob and Amber had called and we needed to meet him to pick up an outside table set. We took it over to his house, and Tom helped him to install a ceiling fan while I played with Caden.





Caden also tried helping Pop and Daddy with whatever he could find to help with!



Tomorrow is Amber’s birthday and we took a gift and some Easter decorations.

Micah and Amy met us at Jacob’s house too. We all went to Fireworks for our Anniversary. We had an enjoyable time, visiting and catching up with everyone. I had an excellent red wine from Chile, so good that I had a 2nd glass! Caden loved watching the flames of the fireplace. He shared our dinners, and loved the cornbread and the macaroni and cheese. I enjoyed an excellent steak with mushrooms, and a baked potato with all the toppings. Tom enjoyed a full rack of bar-b-que ribs!



In 2 weeks, we are going to see Sara, Jake and Makenzie for Easter. It has been 2 months since we have seen them, and it will be fun playing with Makenzie too.

Now I’m relaxing on our reclining sofa, watching Undercover Boss. The sofa has a heater, warming up my lower back. Feet up and drinking a glass of merlot. Hubby snoring on the other end of the sofa. I turned his heated sofa seat on too.



Life is good. During hard times, remember the good times! I’m ready for another 29 years! And playing with the grandkids! Maybe next year, I’ll be lounging in a hot tub in our new sunroom!

1 comment:

txtrigger said...

Whoo Hoo to another 29 years! Funny how the things that make us happy for celebrating an anniversary change over the years, eh? Those first few years, we want to be treated to a night out. Now we find the day speciual by spending it with family, egg sandwiches, and sleeping in until 9. (grin) My kind of day!

"TRAINING THE MIND OF THE HORSE AND RIDER"

Messick Quarter Horses

Check out my website at: http://www.messickquarterhorses.com/

Lessons, Training and Horse Sales
E-mail me at messickquarterhorses@yahoo.com

Messick Tack & Feed

Messick Tack & Feed
website will be up soon! Click on logo to see current specials!