Pages

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider
Click on Logo (Original artwork by Lanie Frick for Messick Quarter Horses. Not permitted to be copied)

Saturday, October 27, 2012

My Mom's Sister and Brother

We are at an age where all of our aunts and uncles are aging.

My Mom's Sibling: 

Aunt Ann, Uncle Jr, and my Mom
 
My mom lost her sister a few months ago,
 

then about a month ago, her brother-in-law passed away.
 
 
This past Wed, her brother passed away.
 

My Uncle Jr was always goofing around,
 

and always laughing.
 
 
I will miss all of you.
 
 
And earlier in the week, a cousin posted that it had been 10 years since her father passed away.  (This would have been my dad's brother.  My dad was 1 of 3 boys, but the first boy was still born).
 

I had to change my weekend plans.  I was still having trailer tire problems and decided not to haul 4 hours away for the CTR in Kansas.  I just didn't feel like going.  Maybe I just need to stay home and think about my aunt and uncle.  And what my mom is going through.  My mom has some dementia.  I'm sure all this sadness is affecting her health.  You're in my thoughts and prayers, Mom and Dad, as well as my cousins and their families.

2 comments:

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about all your losses! They were absolutely adorable, if you don't mind me saying. Your poor mother is surely having a hard time. The older we get, the more loved ones we lose. It's really hard to take. Every time I lose someone else, it reminds me to love the ones I have left even harder. Pretty soon they're all going to be running from me, lol. I'm sure you are a great comfort to your mom.

Horses Are Our Lives said...

thank you for commenting, and for being there for me, and for understanding. As we age, we know we are going to lose more loved ones. Yes, my mother has to be having a hard time, but with dementia, maybe she doesn't know, or remember. She would be very upset. Maybe that is why God blessed her with dementia. She doesn't realize what she doesn't know. I'm not close to my mum in miles, so I'm not sure how much comfort I am. But I am always there to talk to her each week. I'm glad she is "at peace" where she is today. Otherwise, it would be devastating to me.

"TRAINING THE MIND OF THE HORSE AND RIDER"

Messick Quarter Horses

Check out my website at: http://www.messickquarterhorses.com/

Lessons, Training and Horse Sales
E-mail me at messickquarterhorses@yahoo.com

Messick Tack & Feed

Messick Tack & Feed
website will be up soon! Click on logo to see current specials!