Pages

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider
Click on Logo (Original artwork by Lanie Frick for Messick Quarter Horses. Not permitted to be copied)

Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July!



Happy 4th of July, 2009!

Parades, Old Cars, Rodeos, Flags and Fireworks. That is what I think of when I think of the 4th of July. And I always picture Old Glory, tattered and torn, waving proudly in the smoky air, as men, hundreds of years ago, fight for our independence.



On Memorial Day, we drove into Lincoln, to see our Grandson, Caden, on his first Memorial Day. On the corner of 84th and Cornhusker, a local gas station has this gigantic flag flying every day. I wanted to post some of the flag pictures that day, but didn’t get it done. I was also remembering my grandmother Ruth that day. She always went to the cemetery for the program on Memorial Day morning. I’ll always remember sitting on the side of the cemetery hill, looking at all those little flags on the grave sites. Today, I know it means that they are a symbol for all the men and women who fought other battles for our continued independence.



Today, when I woke up, I remembered I had taken those pictures and wanted to get them posted. I’ll blog later about what I did and saw today, as I enjoy this first Independence Day with my granddaughter, Makenzie. For now, enjoy the visions of the flag waving in the breeze…

2 comments:

Pony Girl said...

It's a beautiful flag. I love the 4th! I wish I had a parade to go to today. I haven't been to one in years. I know of some in the area but I'm heading up to my sister's for the day and to BBQ. Have a great one!

Horses Are Our Lives said...

Pony Girl, I hope you had a nice picnic. It's gret to have picnics on holidays! We missed the parade yesterday as we took too long to eat breakfast! lol But we made the antique car show, which the husbands loved! We had a rain shower and stood under a tree for about 10 minutes. Then the sun came out so we continued walking. Had a bar-b-q for supper. My daughter made a gigantic, delicious fruit salad! I love picnic food the best, since it is always good and I don't have to cook it all! Enjoy the day after!

"TRAINING THE MIND OF THE HORSE AND RIDER"

Messick Quarter Horses

Check out my website at: http://www.messickquarterhorses.com/

Lessons, Training and Horse Sales
E-mail me at messickquarterhorses@yahoo.com

Messick Tack & Feed

Messick Tack & Feed
website will be up soon! Click on logo to see current specials!