Pages

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider
Click on Logo (Original artwork by Lanie Frick for Messick Quarter Horses. Not permitted to be copied)

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

1000 Miles!



I've ridden 1000 miles this year on my horses!  A group of us belong to the Distance Derby, where we are keeping track of our miles and hours.


Either in the fields or in the arena or down some trails, I've ridden quite a few different horses this year, but my main mounts were Shaggy and Savannah, starting in Jan.  I added Duke and a few rides on Starlet.  Then the Arabs, Allie and Bonita, joined the herd, and I put some time on them in May and June.  Savannah was sold in June, then by mid-July, it got too hot to ride, even during early mornings.  I started riding again last week, and added Sox, an Arab gelding, to the mix.



Today, I knew I was going to cross the 1000 mark.  I made sure I was riding Shaggy!  He has been my main mount these last 3 years.


I'm going to miss him when I sell him later in Sept.  I need time for the Arabs. 

But for now, I'll enjoy the cooler fall days, that are yet to come, and enjoy my rides on Shag in the fields and at the Centered Riding Clinic.


I just can't wait to ride the fields!

4 comments:

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Congrats! Impressive.

4RRanch said...

Congratulations on the 1000 mile make, quite an accomplishment in both riding and keeping track.

4RRanch said...

Congratulations, quite an accomplishment on both riding and keeping track.

Horses Are Our Lives said...

Thanks! It's been quite a year so far! I'm trying to get back to blogging more frequently, and visiting other's blogs! Summer has been busy but hoping to have more time during the fall and winter!

"TRAINING THE MIND OF THE HORSE AND RIDER"

Messick Quarter Horses

Check out my website at: http://www.messickquarterhorses.com/

Lessons, Training and Horse Sales
E-mail me at messickquarterhorses@yahoo.com

Messick Tack & Feed

Messick Tack & Feed
website will be up soon! Click on logo to see current specials!