Pages

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider
Click on Logo (Original artwork by Lanie Frick for Messick Quarter Horses. Not permitted to be copied)

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Exercise and Sore Muscles

Snap Fitness






Oh, yeah, a little bit of something different lets you know where you are not in shape.
Hubby and I went to Snap Fitness today.  I just love their machines.  They have really good equipment that will work every muscle in your body.  Just ask my upper back muscles.  Sorry, don’t have those memorized yet.
            Oh, and the ab machine is going to hurt the body.  That is the area that needs to decrease in size.  Did you know that you are to alternate using the upper body machines (chest and arms) and the lower body machines (legs), but you can use the ab machine every day?  I guess that is a good thing, as I need to lose about 2” of something that happened to my middle.

            I think I’m in shape.  All we did today was 10 reps on each machine, just to get the weight that would be where we would work from.  Then about 3 hours later, my upper back muscles started to tell me that they were stressed.

            My legs are strong.  My arms need some work.  Not my arms, but my pushing power.

            How can that be when we work these horses, lunging these saddles, throwing this hay, and we are at 5# on some of these weights?

Do I need to say… wimpy, wimpy, wimpy?

            It makes me feel good when I can do 50- over 100# on the leg machines!!!

No comments:

"TRAINING THE MIND OF THE HORSE AND RIDER"

Messick Quarter Horses

Check out my website at: http://www.messickquarterhorses.com/

Lessons, Training and Horse Sales
E-mail me at messickquarterhorses@yahoo.com

Messick Tack & Feed

Messick Tack & Feed
website will be up soon! Click on logo to see current specials!