Pages

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider
Click on Logo (Original artwork by Lanie Frick for Messick Quarter Horses. Not permitted to be copied)

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I'm missing my Fawn and Dove

Hubby and I have been visiting parents in PA.  We flew into Pittsburgh last Tuesday and drove 2 1/2hours to my parents.  After spending the night there, we drove to Hubby's mother's house, 3 hours away. We stayed until Sunday afternoon and drove back to my parents.  We leave tomorrow morning.  The point is...I'm missing being home, missing my grandkids, missing seeing the new foals.

Fawn, (I've decided that will be her name), was 4 days old when we left.  She will be 2 weeks on Friday.

Dove was 3 1/2weeks old when we left, she is now 5 weeks old tomorrow.

My time in PA with parents is important, but I'm glad to be going home tomorrow.  I want my own bed.  I want a glass of wine while lounging on the couch.  I want to see and know that the babies are ok.

Tomorrow in Nebraska is suppose to be high 90's.  Temps on Friday are to be near 100.  I need to be home to make sure the foals are ok in this heat.  I think we are going to be driving straight through tomorrow, which we haven't done in many years.  It's only 17 hours....and if we leave at 7, with the time change that's 6am, we'll be home by 11.  Just in time for that glass of wine before bed!

No comments:

"TRAINING THE MIND OF THE HORSE AND RIDER"

Messick Quarter Horses

Check out my website at: http://www.messickquarterhorses.com/

Lessons, Training and Horse Sales
E-mail me at messickquarterhorses@yahoo.com

Messick Tack & Feed

Messick Tack & Feed
website will be up soon! Click on logo to see current specials!