Pages

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider

Training the Mind of the Horse and Rider
Click on Logo (Original artwork by Lanie Frick for Messick Quarter Horses. Not permitted to be copied)

Friday, February 19, 2010

Valentines Day

February 14, 2010

I wrote my husband a poem for Valentine’s Day.

Actually, I read a poem, then I rewrote it, making it apply to our lives. Regardless, I wrote it from the heart, saying:

Tom, here is a poem I found, then I rewrote it to let you know what you mean to me!

Year Round Valentine
I love you all through February,
Not just on Valentine’s Day;
I cherish you when flowers of spring
Appear in the midst of May.
I adore you in the summer,
When the air is filled with heat;
Without you in my life each day,
I wouldn’t be complete.
I treasure you in fall,
When leaves are turning gold;
I loved you when you were younger;
I’ll love you when you’re old.
I prize you in the winter,
When colder days are here;
I love you, love you all the time,
Every minute of the year.
So I’ll give to you this Valentine,
But I want to let you know,
It’s not just today, but always,
That I will love you so.

All through the month of February, even when the snow flies.
Not just the one day we express our love, but every day,
You are deeply loved through all the seasons,
The first buds of spring, the heat of the summer sun, the crisp coolness of fall, and definitely the snowy days of winter when you do morning chores for me.
Starting with the first day of spring and our anniversary,
On our birthdays and throughout the summer,
All the special holidays.
During horse rides, swim time and bar-b-ques
With you in my life, my life is complete,
And I feel loved.
I love you as hot summer days turns to shorter fall days,
And during the crisp mornings and the changing leaves.
I have loved you for over 30 years
And through the birth of children and now grandchildren.
Through cold wintery days
And warm vacation times,
I love you every minute of every day.
This valentine is to tell you
That you have my heart and my soul
Today and every day,
Because I will always love you.

And after Tom read it, and gave me the appropriate hug and kiss, he promptly posted it on the frig front!



We haven’t had anything on the front of the frig since cute elementary artwork of the kids! I thought that was cute of him to do!

Then… Tom gave me a card and a little rose bush.

The roses were so small and delicate, and fragrant. Tom knows that I LOVE flowers, ALL the time. It does NOT have to be a special occasion to have him bring me flowers! I finally got some rose bushes planted that actually bloomed this past summer, and I had fresh roses on the kitchen counter! I love it! And he picked a special card, and underlined all the parts that meant a lot to him, about me, or about our lives.

He always does that to his cards, and I love that, too!

Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone, even though it was 5 days ago. But every day can be a special day to tell someone that you love them, or to do something special for them!

No comments:

"TRAINING THE MIND OF THE HORSE AND RIDER"

Messick Quarter Horses

Check out my website at: http://www.messickquarterhorses.com/

Lessons, Training and Horse Sales
E-mail me at messickquarterhorses@yahoo.com

Messick Tack & Feed

Messick Tack & Feed
website will be up soon! Click on logo to see current specials!